The new NV Charts App Version 2022 with exciting features
Just in time for the start of the season, it's ready: the new version of the NV Charts app. This year, we got many exciting and practical innovations for you - f. e. the uniquely flexible, Europe-wide autorouting. The menu interface has been comfortably adapted as well to make the app even more pleasant to use.
Flexible autorouting - Europe-wide
As the first app ever, the NV Charts app offers the possibility to manually edit individual segments of an auto-route. This makes trip planning even more flexible and you don't have to recalculate the entire route if you change your plan.
Jeppe Scheidt, app developer and sailor, says of the app:
„The flexible autorouting in the NV Charts app is an ideal addition to conventional planning for everyone on the water! Being able to further edit segments of the route manually now - that's a significant improvement over other navigation solutions."
In addition to this innovation, the coverage of the autorouting has been extended to all of Europe. Narrow passages and other route sections, which are not passable for your boat due to individual ship data, are now displayed in red dashed and catch your eye directly.
Velocity Made Good (VMG)
Exciting - not only - for regatta sailors: In expert mode, the VMG calculates the speed at which the next waypoint in wind direction along the planned route can be reached. This value, also known as windward speed, indicates at how many degrees tacking downwind is most effective. The higher the VMG, the faster the destination is reached.
Chart update management
No more researching whether the nautical chart is up to date - the app informs you about revised charts with an update arrow now. This is especially handy if one or more nautical charts were purchased just digitally, e.g. because the paper chart was already bought. In addition, the app automatically renews the charts with the latest one from the series.
With the new "My charts" menu there is now the possibility to use the expiring charts for 7 more days (once per series, except trials).
Digital charts for the app now for Windows and Mac
If the NV Charts App is used on the laptop or PC / Mac, there is now the possibility to purchase digital charts. The charts can be found through the app in the NV Webshop and have a license of 365 days, which is not automatically renewed afterwards.
Get NV Charts App here.
- Europe-wide autorouting
- Individual autorouting: edit segments manually
- Convenient map update management
- Velocity Made Good (VMG)
- Automatic update with the latest charts from the series
- Digital charts for the app in NV Webshop for Windows and Mac
- Overzoom display note
System requirements for this version
- IOS Version 14
- Android Version 7.0+
- Windows 11, 10, 8
- Mac OSX 10.13 10.14 10.15, 11, 12 (current version)
- Satellite overlay
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- In-app purchases of digital nautical charts
- Vector charts for German North Sea and Western Baltic Sea
- SeaMe - harbour guide with over 10,000 detailed harbour information (POIs)
- Logbook and track recording
- Tide forecast, real-time ocean currents and wind view
- Updates and navigation alerts directly in the NV Charts app
- Free online chart preview for planning in the app and NV Charts web app
- NMEA Wind and Echosounder Support
- AIS connection incl. AIS SART MOB support
- Synchronization with other devices and file export